09 Jun 2016
World Careers Network Plc (WCN) is committed to promoting sustainability. Our policy is to conduct our business responsibly, with integrity, and with respect, for the interests of all those affected by our operations. We aim to work towards both a sustainable community and sustainable development. We believe that our activities should generate economic benefits; create opportunities for an enhanced quality of life; positively influence the communities in which we operate; and respect the environment.
We endorse the ‘Brundtland’ and ‘Caring for the Earth’ definitions of sustainable development: ‘meeting the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs’, and ‘improving the quality of life within the carrying capacity of supporting ecozystems’.
Our goal is to operate our professional activities and the management of our organization in a way that enables all people to realize their potential and improve their quality of life while protecting and enhancing the earth’s natural capital.
We are therefore committed to continually improve the integration of sustainability into our working environment and business processes, and helping our clients and partners do the same.
Our Sustainability Policy is based upon the following principles:
- To comply with all applicable legislation, regulations and codes of practice.
- To integrate considerations on sustainability and on the social and community aspects into all our business decisions, ensuring that all decisions are made with knowledge of their social, environmental and economic implications in line with WCN core values.
- To use energy, water and other natural resources efficiently, effectively,and with care; to minimize waste and recover or recycle it and, finally, sustainably dispose of what is left.
- To limit light, noise, air, land and water pollution levels so as not to cause damage to existing natural systems, minimizing the impact on sustainability of all office and transportation activities.
- To create a working environment for our employees which is based on mutual trust and respect and in which diversity and inclusion are valued.
- To value, protect and enhance the diversity of nature, local distinctiveness, and cultural identity.
- To ensure that all staff are fully aware of our Sustainability Policy and are committed to implementing and improving it.
- To make clients and suppliers aware of our Sustainability Policy, and encourage them to adopt sound sustainable management practices.
- To monitor and report on progress towards sustainable development
- Some examples of how WCN puts these principles into everyday practice include:
- Encouraging the use of public transport to attend meetings, site visits etc, apart from in exceptional circumstances where the alternatives are impractical and/or cost prohibitive.
- Reducing the need for our staff to travel by supporting alternative working arrangements, including home working etc, and promote the use of public transport by locating our offices in accessible locations.
- Build long term relationships with our suppliers choosing as business partners those with standards and ethical practices compatible with our own, e.g. the supplier used by WCN to hosts its ATS application platform has signed up to the EU Code of Conduct for Data Centres and has achieved certification to ISO 14001
- Use an energy supplier committed to sustainability practices
Prospects or existing clients seeking more information on WCN’s sustainability policy, please submit a request via our Contact Us page.